SHOUTBOARD

Lost Sounds / Reatards / Jay Reatard


Lost Sounds was a Punk Rock band from Memphis, Tennessee. Starting in March 1999, the band was made up of Rich Crook on drums, Patrick Jordan on bass, Jay Reatard on synth, guitar and vocals, and Alicja Trout on synth, guitar and vocals. The band, originally working within the Garage Punk genre, had a collection of analog keyboards Trout had used in her previous band The Clears. The bizarre combination of new wave synths and mangled guitars showed a dark wave influence as well. The band frequently dealt with dark, apocalyptic themes ranging from the Book of Revelation (Breathing Machine) to the Columbine High School shootings (Blackcoats/Whitefear). The band's last show was in May 2005 in Stuttgart, Germany. Rich Crook currently writes and records music in the band Lover! Former band members have since formed Sweet Knives as a self described reboot of Lost Sounds sans the late Jay Reatard.




Demos & Outtakes Vol. 1 (2001)

01 - I Don't Count
02 - Do You Wanna Kill Me
03 - Memphis '99
04 - 1620 Echles Street
05 - Black Coats/White Fear
06 - Sonic Mathematics
07 - Electropsychotic
08 - Sequential Circuits Sequence
09 - Punish Or Be Damned
10 - Going Home Alone Tonight
11 - Losing And Dreaming
12 - Total Destruction
13 - Live Freakout
14 - Satan Bought Me
15 - Fan's Comment After Show
16 - I Grew Up In The Woods
17 - Soul 4 Sale


Memphis Is Dead (2001)

01 - Ship Of Monsters
02 - It's My Dream
03 - Satan Bought Me
04 - Inside My Head
05 - Memphis '99
06 - Better Than Somethings
07 - You Must Be A Witch
08 - Disease
09 - Don't Ask Why
10 - I've Lost It
11 - Don't Bother Me
12 - When I Lose It
13 - Soul For Sale


Black Wave (2001)

01 - Reasons To Kill
02 - I'm Not A Machine
03 - Plastic Skin
04 - Don't Turn Around
05 - Do You Wanna Kill Me
06 - 1620 Echles St.
07 - Throw Away
08 - Citats Blanc
09 - Ocelot Rising
10 - I See Everything
11 - Dark Shadows
12 - Lost And Found
13 - Saturn Stomp
14 - I'm Not Me
15 - Die Pax
16 - What'd I Say
17 - Soon This Tomb
18 - Heart Felt Toys
19 - Walk In Line


Rats Brains & Microchips (2002)

01 - Rat's Brains & Microchips
02 - You Don't Know Remote Control
03 - Tronic Graveyard
04 - Energy Drink & The Long Walk Home
05 - Blackcoats/Whitefear
06 - I Think I'm Dead
07 - Dreaming Or Bleeding
08 - Total Destruction
09 - Read A Requiem Mass For Me
10 - Breathing Machine
11 - Radon Flows
12 - Peek-A-Boo U R Doomed
13 - Frozen In Time


Demos II (2003)

01 - Random Signals
02 - Trails/Fears
03 - Glued To The Screen
04 - There's Nothing
05 - Energy Drink & The Long Walk Home
06 - Remote Control
07 - Tronic Graveyard Part 1
08 - Tronic Graveyard Part 2
09 - Instructions For A New Tomorrow
10 - Be Invisible
11 - Clone's Don't Love
12 - A Simple Passage
13 - Endless Tunnel
14 - I've Seen U Before
15 - Lost Waltz
16 - Wind Blows Cold
17 - Feel Your Face
18 - Let's Lie (Newer Version)
19 - Taken Away
20 - Black Imperial March
21 - I Think I'm Dead
22 - Get Off my Planet
23 - Thank-You-Good-Bye...


Future Touch MLP (2004)

01 - Future Touch
02 - Rearview Mirror
03 - Moving Mouths
04 - Trails/Fears
05 - Tyrants Head
06 - Black Flowers
07 - Sweet Knives


Lost Sounds (2004)

01 - There's Nothing
02 - Destruco Comet
03 - I Get Nervous
04 - Clones Don't Love
05 - I Sit I Watch I Wait
06 - Ophelia
07 - Your Looking Glass
08 - Let's Get Sick
09 - And You Dance?
10 - We're Just Living
11 - Mechanical Feelings
12 - Bombs Over Mom


Lost Lost (Demos, Sounds, Alternate Takes & Unused Songs 1999-2004) (2012)

01 - A Foreign Play
02 - Black Coats/Whitefear
03 - I Cannot Lie
04 - Frankenstein Twist
05 - No Count
06 - Throw Away
07 - Sound 1
08 - Die Alone (Promise Me)
09 - No One Killer
10 - Wanna Be Used
11 - Sound 2
12 - No Genetic Engineer
13 - I Didn't Mean To Lose You
14 - Sound 3
15 - Fighting The Flesh
16 - Sound 4
17 - Read A Requiem Mass 4 Me
18 - Sound 5
19 - Glued To The Screen
20 - I Get Nervous, Pt. 1
21 - Total Destruction
22 - Look At Me
23 - I Get Nervous, Pt. 2


Blac Static (2015)

01 - 1620 Echles St
02 - I'm Not A Machine
03 - Black Coats/Whitefear
04 - It's My Dream
05 - Plastic Skin
06 - Dark Shadows
07 - Rats Brains & Microscopes
08 - Energy Drink & The Long Walk Home
09 - You Don't Know Remote Control
10 - Reasons To Kill
11 - Satan Bought Me
12 - Radon Flows
13 - Soul 4 Sale
14 - I Sit I Watch I Wait (Demo Version)

pass: freepunk77







Reatards were an American Garage Punk band formed in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1995. Originally a one-man project by guitarist Jay Reatard, the group's sound was marked by raw, stripped-down instrumentals and lo-fi recording quality. After distributing privately pressed cassettes and EPs, most notably "Fuck Elvis, Here's The Reatards", the band released their debut album "Teenage Hate" in 1998, followed by "Grown Up, Fucked Up" a year later. By 1999, the group only sporadically performed as Reatard began exploring other endeavors, but in 2005 he reformed the band for their third and final studio album. Much of the Reatards' discography remains a subject of interest, leading to reissues of their work years later.


Bed Room Disasters (2004)

01 - Looking For Danger
02 - Teenage Hate
03 - Listen To My Heart
04 - I Do What I Want
05 - No Turning Back
06 - I Gotta Rock And Roll
07 - Lick On My Leather
08 - Fashion Victim
09 - Dildo Darlin
10 - Stacye
11 - Puke On You
12 - Private Affair
13 - Loretta
14 - Runin' Free
15 - You Ain't No Fun No Mo'
16 - Stupid Asshole
17 - No Brains
18 - I Was A Fool
19 - Tell A Lie On Me
20 - Chuck Taylors Allstars Blues
21 - Im Telling You
22 - Bummer Bitch


Live (2004)

01 - Stacey
02 - I Love Livin'
03 - When I Get Mad
04 - Outta My Head
05 - It Ain't Me
06 - Memphis Blues
07 - Quite All Right
08 - Gotta Move On
09 - She Will Always Be With Me
10 - Bummer Bitch
11 - I Won't Make It
12 - I'm Gonna Break Down
13 - Down In Flames


Not Fucked Enough (2005)

01 - Break Down
02 - Drink Today
03 - I Wont Make It
04 - You Can't Run
05 - Make It Fit
06 - Pretty Baby
07 - I Like Your Titty
08 - Sick When I See You
09 - Keep On Walking Away
10 - I Don't Want You
11 - Wont Take You Back
12 - Twice As Hard
13 - Oh My Soul
14 - Sour And Vicious Man
15 - Saturday Night Suicide


Teenage Hate/Fuck Elvis Here's The Reatards (2011)

01 - I'm So Gone
02 - Stacye
03 - I Love Living
04 - When I Get Mad
05 - C'Mon Over
06 - Out Of My Head, Into My Bed
07 - You Fucked Up My Dreams
08 - It Ain't Me
09 - Down In Flames
10 - I Gotta Rock 'N' Roll
11 - Memphis Blues
12 - Quite All Right
13 - Fashion Victim
14 - Old News Baby
15 - Not Good Enough For You
16 - Ollie V.
17 - Not Your Man
18 - I Can Live Without You
19 - Black September
20 - Chuck Taylors All Stars Blues
21 - I Lie To
22 - Memphis Blues
23 - On The Go
24 - Give It To Me
25 - Carot Belly Bunny Blues
26 - You Build Me Up Just To Bust Me Back Down
27 - Your The One
28 - When I Get Mad
29 - Get The Fuck Outta My Home
30 - You Build Me Up Just To Bust Me Back Down
31 - You Ain't No Fun No Mo
32 - I Lie To
33 - Give It To Me
34 - C'mon Over
35 - Not Your Man
36 - Your Old News Baby
37 - Crazy Man
38 - Action Woman
39 - I'm Down


Grown Up, Fucked Up (2015)

01 - Blew My Mind
02 - Alls I Got Is R-N-R
03 - Sick When I See
04 - Lick On My Leather
05 - You'll See Me
06 - Sat. Night Suicide
07 - Heart Of Chrome
08 - No One Stands Me
09 - Tonight It'll Come
10 - Get Outta Our Way
11 - Who Are You
12 - All The Walls Are Closing In
13 - Miss You
14 - Eat Your Heart Out
15 - I Want Sex
16 - I'm Gonna Break Down
17 - Your So Lewd
18 - She Will Always Be With Me
19 - Busy Signal

pass: freepunk77







James Lee Lindsey Jr. (May 1, 1980 – January 13, 2010), better known by the stage name Jay Reatard, was an American musician from Memphis, Tennessee. Lindsey was signed to Matador Records. He released recordings as a solo artist and as a member of the Reatards and Lost Sounds.


Greatest Messes (2005)

01 - Reatards - Break Down
02 - Reatards - Stacye
03 - Reatards - I'm So Gone
04 - Lost Sounds - I Get Nervous
05 - Nervous Patterns - Not Living In A Modern World
06 - Lost Sounds - Better Than Somethings
07 - Lost Sounds - Plastic Skin
08 - Destruction Unit - Race Time
09 - Final Solutions - In A Coma
10 - Reatards - Bummer Bitch
11 - Lost Sounds - I Don't Count (Outtake From 1st 7'' Mar '99)
12 - Reatards - Sick When I See
13 - Jay Reatard - World Of Shit
14 - Lost Sounds - Frozen In Time
15 - Final Solutions - I See You On A Path


Blood Visions (2006)

01 - Blood Visions
02 - Greed, Money, Useless Children
03 - It's So Easy
04 - My Shadow
05 - My Family
06 - Death Is Forming
07 - Oh It's Such A Shame
08 - Not A Substitute
09 - Nightmares
10 - I See You Standing There
11 - We Who Wait
12 - Fading All Away
13 - Turning Blue
14 - Puppet Man
15 - Waiting For Something


Singles 06-07 (2008)

01 - Night Of Broken Glass
02 - Another Person
03 - All Over Again
04 - Feeling Blank Again
05 - I Know A Place
06 - Don't Let Him Come Back
07 - Hammer I Miss You
08 - It's So Useless
09 - All Wasted
10 - In The Dark
11 - Searching For You
12 - Haunting You
13 - Let It All Go
14 - Blood Visions
15 - Turning Blue
16 - It's So Easy
17 - Oh It's Such A Shame


Matador Singles '08 (2008)

01 - See/Saw
02 - Screaming Hand
03 - Painted Shut
04 - An Ugly Death
05 - Always Wanting More
06 - You Mean Nothing To Me
07 - Fluorescent Grey
08 - Trapped Here
09 - Hiding Hole
10 - DOA
11 - No Time
12 - You Were Sleeping
13 - I'm Watching You


Watch Me Fall (2009)

01 - It Ain't Gonna Save Me
02 - Before I Was Caught
03 - Man Of Steel
04 - Can't Do It Anymore
05 - Faking It
06 - I'm Watching You
07 - Wounded
08 - Rotten Mind
09 - Nothing Now
10 - My Reality
11 - Hang Them All
12 - There Is No Sun
13 - Tiny Little Home


Live At Golden Plains (2011)

01 - Blood Visions
02 - It's So Easy
03 - My Shadow
04 - Oh It's Such A Shame
05 - Substitute
06 - See-Saw
07 - Screaming Hand
08 - So Useless
09 - All Over Again
10 - Nightmares
11 - Fading All Away
12 - Hammer I Miss You
13 - Death Is Forming
14 - Let It All Go


Better Than Something Soundtrack (2013)

01 - Jay Reatard - Such A Shame
02 - Reatards - Bummer Bitch
03 - Reatards - No One Stands Me
04 - Lost Sounds - I Get Nervous
05 - Lost Sounds - Tyrants Head I Get Nervous
06 - Angry Angles - You Call It Love
07 - Jay Reatard - Let It All Go
08 - Lost Sounds - Better Than Something
09 - Jay Reatard - Fading All Away
10 - Jay Reatard - Death Is Forming
11 - Jay Reatard - Not A Substitute
12 - Jay Reatard - Nightmares
13 - Jay Reatard - Waiting For Something
14 - Jay Reatard - Let It All Go

pass: freepunk77



Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky