SHOUTBOARD

Me First And The Gimme Gimmes


Punk's premier cover artists, Me First And The Gimme Gimmes are a conglomerate of some of the most recognizable faces in new-school Punk. Drawn together by a mutual love of '60s and '70s music, the Gimme Gimmes work exclusively as a cover band. Their repertoire includes songs from such acts as Neil Diamond, Billy Joel, and John Denver. With an ever-changing cast of characters, singer Spike Slawson (of the Swingin' Utters) originally formed the Gimme Gimmes in 1995, drawing on the talents of NOFX bassist Fat Mike, Lagwagon singer/guitarist Joey Cape, No Use for a Name guitarist Chris Shiflett (aka Jackson), and Lagwagon drummer Dave Raun. Never originally aiming to put out a record, the band made appearances on Punk compilation albums through much of the year. In 1997, however, they began releasing singles named after the singer they had covered. Finally, the group produced its first full-length in late 1997.




Have A Ball (1997)

01 - Danny's Song
02 - Leaving On A Jet Plane
03 - Me And Julio Down By The Schoolyard
04 - One Tin Soldier
05 - Uptown Girl
06 - I Am A Rock
07 - Sweet Caroline
08 - Seasons In The Sun
09 - Fire And Rain
10 - Nobody Does It Better
11 - Mandy
12 - Rocket Man


Are A Drag (1999)

01 - Over The Rainbow
02 - Don't Cry For Me Argentina
03 - Science Fiction Double Feature
04 - Summertime
05 - Favorite Things
06 - Rainbow Connection
07 - Phantom Of The Opera Song
08 - I Sing The Body Electric
09 - It's Raining On Prom Night
10 - Tomorrow
11 - What I Did For Love
12 - Caberet


Turn Japanese EP (2001)

01 - The Times They Are A-Changin' (Bob Dylan)
02 - The Boxer (Simon & Garfunkel)
03 - You've Got A Friend (James Taylor)
04 - Blowin' In The Wind (Bob Dylan)
05 - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me (Elton John)


Blow In The Wind (2001)

01 - Blowin' In The Wind
02 - Sloop John B.
03 - Wild World
04 - Who Put The Bomp
05 - Elenor
06 - My Boyfriend's Back
07 - All My Lovin'
08 - Stand By Your Man
09 - San Francisco
10 - I Only Want To Be With You
11 - Runaway
12 - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
13 - Different Drum


Take A Break (2003)

01 - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
02 - Hello
03 - End Of The Road
04 - Ain't No Sunshine
05 - Nothing Compares 2 U
06 - Crazy
07 - Isn't She Lovely
08 - I Believe I Can Fly
09 - Oh Girl
10 - I'll Be There
11 - Mona Lisa
12 - Save The Best For Last
13 - Natural Woman


Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah (2004)

01 - Jonny's Blessing
02 - Stairway To Heaven
03 - Heart Of Glass
04 - Delta Dawn
05 - Come Sail Away
06 - O Sole Mio
07 - Strawberry Fields Forever
08 - Auld Lang Syne
09 - The Longest Time
10 - On My Mind
11 - Take It On The Run
12 - Superstar
13 - Hava Nagila
14 - Hava Nagila (Christmas Arrangement)


Love Their Country (2006)

01 - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
02 - (Ghost) Riders In The Sky
03 - Desperado
04 - On The Road Again
05 - Annie's Song
06 - Jolene
07 - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
08 - Lookin' For Love
09 - Goodbye Earl
10 - East Bound And Down
11 - She Believes In Me
12 - Sunday Morning Coming Down


Have Another Ball! (2008)

01 - Rich Girl
02 - The Boxer
03 - Country Roads
04 - I Write The Songs
05 - Sodomy
06 - You've Got A Friend
07 - Mahogany
08 - Mother And Child Reunion
09 - Only The Good Die Young
10 - Coming To America
11 - The Harder They Come
12 - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me


Sing In Japanese EP (2011)

01 - Hero
02 - Kokoro No Tabi
03 - Kekkon Shiyoyo
04 - C-C-C
05 - 22 Sai No Wakare
06 - Linda Linda


Go Down Under EP (2011)

01 - Never Tear Us Apart
02 - All Out Of Love
03 - Friday On My Mind
04 - Have You Never Been Mellow
05 - I've Done Everything For You


Are We Not Men? We Are DIVA! (2014)

01 - I Will Survive
02 - Straight Up
03 - Believe
04 - Beautiful
05 - My Heart Will Go On
06 - I Will Always Love You
07 - Top Of The World
08 - Speechless
09 - Karma Chameleon
10 - Crazy For You
11 - On The Radio
12 - The Way We Were


Rake It In: The Greatestest Hits (2017)

01 - The Times They Are A-Changin'
02 - Rainbow Connection
03 - City Of New Orleans
04 - Summertime
05 - All My Loving
06 - Straight Up
07 - Over The Rainbow
08 - Take Me Home Country Roads
09 - Sloop John B
10 - Jolene
11 - Uptown Girl
12 - Hats Off To Larry
13 - Desperado
14 - Lady
15 - San Francisco
16 - I Believe I Can Fly
17 - End Of The Road


Blow It...At Madison's Quinceanera! (2024)

01 - Changes
02 - Love Will Keep Us Together
03 - Dancing Queen
04 - I Could Fall In Love
05 - Estos Celos
06 - La Ultima Muneca
07 - Happy Birthday
08 - Por Tu Maldito Amor
09 - Good 4 U
10 - Queen Of Hearts
11 - Camino De Guanajuato
12 - Before The Next Teardrop Falls
13 - De Nina A Mujer

pass: freepunk77



Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky