Perdition (USA)
Perdition was a Punk Rock band from Fort Worth, Texas. They have everything at first glance that could make them one of our favorite bands: their songs answer to such great names as "I don't get drunk, I get awesome", they are on Gunner Records under contract, bearded and tattooed at that, and play rousing, rough punk rock in the tradition of Red City Radio and Nothington. Even on closer inspection, the four gentlemen turn out to be promising new discoveries. On their debut album they throw out one poppy punk hit after the other, with singer Andrew adding a certain heaviness to the whole thing with his raspy voice. This is rounded off by catchy riffs and singalong-capable refrains that make songs like "Gatorade Punch" and "El Oso" absolute sing-along hits. Acoustically you can also do very well, which shows "The narwhal bacons at midnight", a melancholic ode to touring life. The lyrics are primarily about self-doubt and dissatisfaction with one's own life, fellow human beings and the world, without sinking into self-pity. "The fucking grass is never greener, nevermind your side of the fence", it says in "Why buy the cow when you can get the sex for free".
No Backup Plan Split EP with Samuel Caldwell's Revenge (2011)
Perdition
01 - I Saved A Bullet For You
02 - I'll Be Carefull, You'll Be Dead
Samuel Caldwell's Revenge
03 - Inside Every Cynic Is A Disappointed Idealist
04 - Roothogs
Hispaniola (2012)
01 - Gatorade Punch
02 - Bear Town
03 - Cricket Dance
04 - These Are The Droids We're Looking For
05 - The Narwhal Bacons At Midnight
06 - I Don't Get Drunk, I Get Awesome
07 - Why Buy The Cow, When You Can Get The Sex For Free
08 - Race For The Rabid
09 - El Oso
10 - Bitch, I Hold Babies All The Time
11 - I Will Follow You Into The Dark (Death Cab For Cutie Cover)
(Bonus Track)
pass: freepunk77





Komentáře