Luke Yeoward
Luke Yeoward is an artist and producer based in Melbourne, Australia. Luke fell in love with music from a young age and taught himself to play on the acoustic guitar handed down to him by his mother. He began as a street performer in Rotorua, New Zealand at 10 years old, and his musical river flowed through his teens and twenties carving its way through different projects, genres, and territories. Growing up in New Zealand meant the sounds of Reggae would echo from fish’n’chip shops, parties and passing cars on the daily. This soulful music would seep into Yeowards DNA while he was cutting his teeth in Street Punk bands during his formative years.
“Punk Rock and Reggae always went hand in hand in NZ. It always felt like our Maori and Pacific Island cultures in particular resonated with elements of Jamaican culture, especially the music and Rastafarianism. I think this is why Jamaican music has always had such a place in our hearts, and why as young rockers we were able to find common ground with roots Reggae artists and play shows together. We had a similar rebel attitude against the system and an appreciation for the truth, heart and rhythm in each others music”
In 2007 KING CANNONS were born, relocating from New Zealand to the United Kingdom in 2008, then to Australia in 2009. KING CANNONS positive energy and powerful mix of Reggae, Soul and Rock 'N' Roll lead them to sign major licensing, publishing and management agreements in Australasia. After a whirlwind lifespan, the group disbanded and Luke spent some time away from music altogether. Soon after, he became a father and with this, regained his inspiration for making music once more. Now released from his previous major label contracts, Yeoward put together The 131’s and created his debut solo album GHOSTS in Los Angeles 2016 via a successful crowdfunding campaign. GHOSTS showcased an array of genres and was received with howling reviews and critical acclaim. For its release, Luke founded his own record label HALF WAY RECORDS and continued to hone his music production skills and facilitate recordings and releases for other artists and himself moving forward. Now in 2021, Yeoward is back with his brand new full length solo album MARIGOLD AVENUE, self engineered and produced during the lockdowns in Melbourne 2020.
“The moment I found out we were going into lockdown at home for over a month, I thought fuck it, I’m making this Reggae record. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do and this music has been a big part of my life since I can remember. It’s healing and uplifting music to me. I wrote and recorded almost everyday for a month to get the bones of it together, then I hired PLUTONIC LAB (HILLTOP HOODS) to play drums remotely from his studio and I built up the tunes from there. As the rhythms came into fruition, I reached out to some artists I knew and/or respected from around the world. I was lucky enough to be able to work with some incredibly talented contributors like LEE ‘SCRATCH’ PERRY , TIPPA LEE, Jesse and Roger of THE AGGROLITES and Maddie Ruthless of THE FAR EAST, to name a few."
Ghosts (2017)
01 - Ghosts
02 - Gainesville
03 - Who Can Save Us Now
04 - Cool Water
05 - Night Sparrow
06 - Whose Side Are You On
07 - Lookin' For Heaven
08 - Half Way
09 - On Hoover Street
10 - Let You Down
11 - Red Eyes
Soap Box 7'' (2018)
01 - Soap Box
02 - Ghetto Persona
Always In Your Heart 7'' (2021)
01 - Always In Your Heart
02 - Always In Your Heart Remix (Feat. Lee ''Scratch'' Perry)
03 - Always In Your Heart Dub (Feat. Lee ''Scratch'' Perry)
Sunny Day 7'' (2021)
01 - Sunny Day (Feat. Tippa Lee & Blacker C)
02 - Sunny Dub (Feat. Tippa Lee & Blacker C)
Marigold Avenue (2021)
01 - The Start
02 - Energy
03 - Always In Your Heart
04 - Sunny Day (Feat. Tippa Lee & Blacker C)
05 - Hot Wheel Man
06 - Two Years In June
07 - Treat Me So Bad (Feat. Jesse Wagner)
08 - This Ain't The Place
09 - Shadows (Feat. Maddie Ruthless)
10 - Hangin' On
11 - The End
12 - Always In Your Heart (Feat. Lee ''Scratch'' Perry) Remix
13 - The Wheel (O'Hea Street Sessions) (Bonus)
pass: freepunk77













Komentáře