SHOUTBOARD

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones


The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (informally referred to as The Bosstones) are an American Ska Punk band from Boston, Massachusetts, formed in 1983. Since the band's inception, lead vocalist Dicky Barrett, bassist Joe Gittleman, tenor saxophonist Tim "Johnny Vegas" Burton and dancer ("Bosstone") Ben Carr have remained constant members. The line-up also includes drummer Joe Sirois, saxophonist Leon Silva, guitarist Lawrence Katz and trombonist Chris Rhodes. The Bosstones are often credited as one of the progenitors of the genre of Ska Punk and the creators of its subgenre Ska-Core, which mixes elements of Ska with Punk Rock and Hardcore. Since the release of their 1989 debut Devil's Night Out, the band toured and recorded extensively throughout the 1990s, becoming influential in the development of the American third-wave Ska scene and one of the first bands to popularize the genre in the musical mainstream. They reached their commercial peak with their platinum-selling 1997 album Let's Face It and its hit single "The Impression That I Get". The band had released seven studio albums, three EPs and a live album by the time they announced a hiatus in December 2003. In 2007, the Bosstones reunited to resume recording and touring, and have since released three more studio albums. From 1994 to 2002, and since 2007, they have hosted the annual Hometown Throwdown music festival, held annually around Christmas time in Downtown Boston.



Devil's Night Out (1992)

01 - Devil's Night Out
02 - Howwhywyz, Howwhyam
03 - Drunks And Children
04 - Hope I Never Lose My Wallet
05 - Haji
06 - The Bartender's Song
07 - Patricia
08 - The Cave (Cognito Fiesta Mix)
09 - Do Somethin' Crazy
10 - A Little Bit Ugly


More Noise & Other Disturbances (1992)

01 - Awfully Quiet
02 - Where'd You Go?
03 - Dr. D.
04 - It Can't Hurt
05 - What's At Stake
06 - Cowboy Coffee
07 -I'll Drink To That
08 - Guns And The Young
09 - He's Back
10 - Bad In Plaid
11 - They Came To Boston


Ska-Core The Devil And More EP (1993)

01 - Someday I Suppose
02 - Think Again
03 - Lights Out
04 - Police Beat
05 - Simmer Down
06 - Drugs And Kittens I'll Drink To That


Don't Know How To Party (1993)

01 - Our Only Weapon
02 - Last Dead Mouse
03 - Don't Know How To Party
04 - Someday I Suppose
05 - A Man Without
06 - Holy Smoke
07 - Illegal Left
08 - Tin Soldiers
09 - Almost Anything Goes
10 - Issachar
11 - What Was Was Over
12 - Seven Thirty Seven/Shoe Glue


Question The Answers (1994)

01 - Kinder Words
02 - A Sad Silence
03 - Hell Of A Hat
04 - Pictures To Prove It
05 - We Should Talk
06 - A Dollar And A Dream
07 - Stand Off
08 - 365 Days
09 - Toxic Toast
10 - Bronzing The Garbage
11 - Dogs And Chaplains
12 - Jump Through The Hoops


Let's Face It (1997)

01 - Noise Brigade
02 - The Rascal King
03 - Royal Oil
04 - The Impression That I Get
05 - Let's Face It
06 - That Bug Bit Me
07 - Another Drinkin' Song
08 - Numbered Days
09 - Break So Easily
10 - Nevermind Me
11 - Desensitized
12 - 1-2-8


Live From The Middle East (1998)

01 - 1-2-8
02 - Do Somethin' Crazy
03 - He's Back
04 - Devil's Night Out
05 - Kinder Words
06 - Noise Brigade
07 - The Rascal King
08 - Hell Of A Hat
09 - Holy Smoke
10 - Hope I Never Lose My Wallet
11 - I'll Drink To That
12 - Royal Oil
13 - Cowboy Coffee
14 - Doves And Civilians
15 - Let's Face It
16 - Howwhywuz, Howwhyam
17 - Dr. D
18 - Where'd You Go
19 - Seven Thirty Seven Shoe Glue
20 - The Impression That I Get
21 - Someday I Suppose
22 - Lights Out


Pay Attention (2000)

01 - Let Me Be
02 - The Skeleton Song
03 - All Things Considered
04 - So Sad To Say
05 - Allow Them
06 - High School Dance
07 - Over The Eggshells
08 - She Just Happened
09 - Finally
10 - I Know More
11 - Riot On Broad Street
12 - One Million Reasons
13 - Bad Reasons And Bad Breaks
14 - Temporary Trip
15 - Where You Come From
16 - The Day He Didn't Die


A Jackknife To A Swan (2002)

01 - A Jackknife To A Swan
02 - Mr. Moran
03 - You Gotta Go!
04 - Everybody's Better
05 - Sugar Free
06 - I Want My City Back
07 - Chasing The Sun Away
08 - You Can't Win
09 - The Old School Off The Bright
10 - The Punch Line
11 - Go Big
12 - Shit Outta Luck
13 - 7-Ways To Sunday


20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection (2005)

01 - Some Day I Suppose
02 - Don't Know How To Party
03 - Simmer Down
04 - Detroit Rock City
05 - Kinder Words
06 - Pictures To Prove It
07 - Hell Of A Hat (Clear Remix)
08 - The Impression That I Get
09 - Royal Oil
10 - The Rascal King
11 - So Sad To Say
12 - She Just Happened


Medium Rare (2007)

01 - This List
02 - The Meaning
03 - Don't Worry Desmond Dekker
04 - To California
05 - The One With The Woes All Over It
06 - So Many Ways
07 - A Reason To Toast
08 - Who's Fooling Who?
09 - Katie
10 - This Time Of Year
11 - Chocolate Pudding
12 - Is It?
13 - Favorite Records


Pin Points And Gin Joints (2009)

01 - Graffiti Worth Reading
02 - Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah
03 - The Route That I Took
04 - You Left Right?
05 - Too Many Stars
06 - Your Life
07 - I Wrote It
08 - Not To Me On That Night
09 - Wasted Summers
10 - Sister Mary
11 - It Will Be
12 - The Death Valley Vipers
13 - The Bricklayer's Story
14 - A Pretty Sad Excuse


The Magic Of Youth (2011)

01 - The Daylights
02 - Like A Shotgun
03 - Disappearing
04 - Sunday Afternoons On Wisdom Ave.
05 - They Will Need Music
06 - The Package Store Petition
07 - The Horse Shoe And The Rabbit's Foot
08 - The Magic Of Youth
09 - The Upper Hand
10 - The Ballad Of Candlepin Paul
11 - Open And Honest


While We're At It (2018)

01 - Green Bay, Wisconsin
02 - The Constant
03 - Wonderful Day For The Race
04 - Unified
05 - Divide
06 - Closer To Nowhere
07 - Walked Like A Ghost
08 - The West Ends
09 - Here We Are
10 - The Mad Dash
11 - Absolutely Wrong
12 - In Honor Of
13 - Hugo's Wife
14 - After The Music Is Over


When God Was Great (2021)

01 - Decide
02 - M.O.V.E.
03 - I Don't Believe In Anything
04 - Certain Things
05 - Bruised
06 - Lonely Boy
07 - The Killing Of Georgie (Part III)
08 - You Had To Be There
09 - When God Was Great
10 - What It Takes
11 - Long As I Can See The Light
12 - The Truth Hurts
13 - It Went Well
14 - I Don't Want To Be You
15 - The Finale Parade

pass: freepunk77




Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky