SHOUTBOARD

The Nervebreakers


Hailing from Dallas, Texas, the Nervebreakers first got together in 1973 but didn’t take off until the mid-’70s punk movement started to affect most larger urban areas of the US. The Nervebreakers are a mid 70s-early 80s Texas punk band considered by many to be the first of their kind in the Southwest. Nervebreakers started as a cover band playing songs from the sixties. As the Ramones and the Sex Pistols became big in America, the band was finally able to find a sustaining audience. Nervebreakers first big break came when they opened for the Ramones on July 24, 1977 at The Electric Ballroom, a dance hall in the industrial district of Dallas. In 1978 Nervebreakers opened for the Sex Pistols at The Longhorn Ballroom, and a photo of guitarist Barry Kooda appeared the March 1978 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine. Later that year the band recorded their debut EP "Politics" - the song "My Girlfriend is A Rock" became a runaway hit in San Francisco, Sacramento, and Boston and was later covered by the Angry Samoans and Wool, among others. They also opened for The Clash, John Cale, The Police and Johnny Thunders. Releasing an EP and 2 singles on Wild Child Records in the late 70s including “My Girlfriend is a Rock”, a hit in San Francisco, Sacramento and Boston and later covered by the Angry Samoans among others.  Backing up Texas psych legend Roky Erickson for a series of shows resulting in the Roky Erickson and the Nervebreakers Live at the Palladium in 1979 album released by French label New Rose Records.  A full length album We Want Everything was recorded in 1980 shortly before the Nervebreakers‘ initial breakup, and eventually released over a decade later on vinyl by Ryan Richardson’s Existential Vacuum Records, and then on CD and 180-gram LP by Get Hip.
In 2000, an Italian label Rave Up Records, included the Nervebreakers as Volume 15 of their American Lost Punk Rock Nuggets series, releasing an album containing one side of studio tracks and one side of live recordings. Which brings us to the present. After serving your punk rock needs for over 35 years the Nervebreakers have reunited.  All five core members have returned including vocalist Thom “T. Tex” Edwards, guitarists Mike Haskins and Barry “Kooda” Huebner, Bob Childress on bass, and drummer Carl Giesecke. On the heels of Get Hip re-issuing the classic vinyl singles and first LP, an anthology (including previously unreleased songs) Hijack The Radio – Vintage Vinyl & Studio Sessions Volume One has been assembled and just released by Get Hip Records on 180 gram vinyl and a version on CD (with four CD-only bonus tracks) will follow. Plus a brand new effort of never recorded before material entitled Face Up to Reality has been taken into the studio and captured as well and slated for release by Get Hip this year.




Politics EP (1978)

01 - Politics
02 - My Life Is Ruined
03 - I Can't Help You
04 - My Girlfriend Is A Rock


Hijack The Radio EP (1979)

01 - Hijack The Radio
02 - Why Am I So Flipped


Girls Girls Girls Girls Girls EP (1981)

01 - Girls Girls Girls Girls Girls
02 - I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys


We Want Everything! (1994)

01 - The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly (Soundtrack Cover)
02 - My Girlfriend Is A Rock
03 - Girls Girls Girls Girls Girls
04 - I Confess
05 - I Don't Believe In Anything
06 - I've Got A Problem
07 - How Can You Tell
08 - Strange Movies
09 - Let's Fall Apart
10 - What's Left Of Me
11 - The Race Is On
12 - Stand Up


Hijack The Radio! (2000)

01 - Hijack The Radio!
02 - My Girlfriend Is A Rock
03 - Why Am I So Flipped
04 - My Life Is Ruined
05 - I Love Your Neurosis
06 - Everything Right
07 - Missa Moses
08 - So Sorry
09 - I Wanna Kill You
10 - It's Too Late
11 - Beyond The Borderline
12 - Part Of My Love
13 - See Me Thru
14 - Strange Movies
15 - Hijack The Radio! ('77 Demo)


I Wanna Kill You (2015)

01 - I Wanna Kill You
02 - They Were Doin' The Pogo


Face Up To Reality (2022)

01 - Face Up
02 - Just Yawn
03 - I'm Lost
04 - I Don't Wanna Hold Your Hand
05 - They Were Doing The Pogo
06 - Just Don't Wanna Be Used
07 - Formerly Street Queen
08 - It's Obvious
09 - Breaking Down

pass: freepunk77



Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky