SHOUTBOARD

VA - Punk Rock Jukebox


The  Blackout! Records celebration of Punk's past offers some unexpected picks from some of today's more obscure Punk bands. Some cuts are faithful reproductions of the original, like The Enkindels' version of "White Wedding." Others are more liberal adaptations, like Yuppicide's all-out assault on the Specials' roots Ska tune "Concrete Jungle." But most are like Samiam's take of Iggy and the Stooges' "Search and Destroy," a more nuanced and refined version of a classic that updates it for today's audiences. Other highlights include The Nips' "Vengeance" done by Dropkick Murphys, Dead Boys' "All This and More" done by Blood for Blood, and Leatherface's "Not a Day" done by Super Hi-Five.



Punk Rock Jukebox Vol. I (1995)

01 - No Brain - I'm Against It
02 - Killing Time - Bodies
03 - $wingin' Utter$ - I Got Your Number
04 - Sweet Diesel - Go Nowhere
05 - The Bouncing Souls - Code Blue
06 - Waterdog - In The City
07 - 88 Fingers Louie - I Don't Wanna Hear It
08 - Murphy's Law - Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In
09 - Trusty - Ready, Steady, Go
10 - The Goops - Barbed Wire Love
11 - Brody - Justificataion
12 - Jughead's Revenge - Hit Man
13 - Outcrowd - Understand
14 - Deadguy - Police Story
15 - Black Velvet Flag - I Love Livin' In The City
16 - Awkward Thought - Evil
17 - New Bomb Turks - I Don't Need Your Lovin'
18 - Plow United - Guimo's Theme
19 - H2O - Friend
20 - The Turbo A.c.'s - Woman
21 - Buzzkill - Big Takeover
22 - Sublime - We're Only Gonna Die For Our Own Arrogance
23 - Leeway - Civilization Dying


Punk Rock Jukebox Vol. II (1997)

01 - Kid Dynamite - Deny Everything
02 - Samiam - Search And Destroy
03 - Dropkick Murphys - Vengeance
04 - Violent Society - I Am The Hunted
05 - Blood For Blood - All This And More
06 - Kill Your Idols - Here To Stay
07 - Tears Of Frustration - Yes Ma'am
08 - Purpose - For Want Of
09 - Super Hi-Five - Not A Day
10 - Indecision - I Don't Care About You-New York's Alright
11 - The Ducky Boys - Razors In The Night
12 - The Boils - 2,000,000 Voices
13 - Yuppicide - Concrete Jungle
14 - Anti-Flag - What About The Lonely
15 - Special Duties - Johnny Won't Go To Heaven
16 - The Enkindles - White Wedding
17 - Inhuman - New Rose

pass: freepunk77



Komentáře

Oblíbené příspěvky