Bomb The Music Industry!
Bomb The Music Industry! (commonly abbreviated as BtMI!) was a band from Baldwin, Nassau County, New York. They wrote, produced, recorded, and distributed all of their music under the leadership of songwriter and producer Jeff Rosenstock. Rosenstock and several other contributors were previously members of The Arrogant Sons of Bitches. As that band was breaking up, Rosenstock recorded the first BtMI! song, "Sweet Home Cananada," using his PowerBook's built-in microphone. "I wrote that song and put it out to see if anybody wanted it. That was how it started, people showed interest and I like recording stuff." The band was known for their D.I.Y. Punk ethic, embodied in actions such as distributing six albums worth of their own material for free on their website, and offering free stencils and paint for fans to create their own T-shirts. They also made it a point to play all-ages shows with ticket prices of $10 or less, and offered fans a chance to perform on stage if they learned a song and brought an instrument to the show. This sparked comparisons such as "the Fugazi for the internet age of Punk." Over time, the band's lineup shifted from "pretty much a free-for-all" to a fairly steady five-member lineup. In 2012, the band announced an indefinite hiatus, stating that their summer US tour would likely be their last because "the 9 - 10 months of our lives when we are not playing music are not fantastic." Following an international farewell tour in 2013, the band played their final show in Brooklyn on January 19, 2014. BTMI recordings have been featured on television shows such as Weeds and The Office.
To Leave Or Die In Long Island (2005)
01 - Happy Anterrabae Day!!
02 - Congratulations, John, On Joining Every Time I Die
03 - Showerbeers!
04 - Stand There Until You're Sober
05 - Dude, Get With The Program
06 - Bomb The Music Industry! (And Action Action) (And Refused) (And Born Against) Are Fucking Dead
07 - Brian Wilson Says SMiLE a.k.a. Beard Of Defiance
Album Minus Band. (2005)
01 - Blow Your Brains Out On Live TV!!
02 - Does Your Face Hurt? No? 'Cause It's Killing Me!!!
03 - It Ceases To Be ''Whining'' If You're Still ''Shitting'' Blood
04 - Big Plans Of Sleeping In
05 - I'm A Panic Bomb, Baby!
06 - Sweet Home Cananada
07 - Funcoland Vs. The Southern Electorate
08 - Ready... Set... No!!!
09 - I'm Too Coooool For Music
10 - Pike St/Park Slope (Harvey Danger)
11 - FRREEEE BIIIRRRDDD!!! FRREEEE BIIIRRRDDD!!!
12 - Future 86
Goodbye Cool World! (2006)
01 - Old And Unprofessional
02 - King Of Minneapolis, Pt. I & II
03 - Even Winning Feels Bad
04 - Side Projects Are Never Successful
05 - 5 Funerals
06 - My Response To An Article In Alternative Press
07 - Sorry, Brooklyn, Dancing Won't Solve Anything
08 - It's Official! We're Borrrrring!
09 - From Martyrdom To Startyrdom
10 - All Alone In My Big Empty Apartment
11 - Fuck The Fans
12 - Grudge Report
13 - King Of Minneapolis, Pt. III & IV
14 - Anywhere I Lay My Head
Get Warmer. (2007)
01 - Jobs Schmobs
02 - 493 Ruth
03 - Bike Test 1 2 3
04 - Unlimited Breadsticks, Soup And Salad Days
05 - 25 Hour Goddamn Telethon
06 - Depression Is No Fun
07 - I Don't Love You Anymore
08 - Pizza Claus Is Comin' To Town
09 - Never Trust A Man Without A Horribly Embarassing Secret
10 - Get Warmer
11 - The Last Party (Foul)
Scrambles (2009)
01 - Cold Chillin' Cold Chillin'
02 - Stuff That I Like
03 - It Shits!!!
04 - Fresh Attitude, Young Body
05 - Wednesday Night Drinkball
06 - 25!
07 - $2,400,000
08 - Gang Of Four Meets The Stooges (But Boring)
09 - 9/11 Fever!!!
10 - (Shut) Up The Punx!!!
11 - Can I Pay My Rent In Fun?
12 - Saddr Weirdr
13 - Sort Of Like Being Pumped
Others! Others! Vol 1 (2009)
01 - This Graceless Planet (We Versus The Shark Cover 2005)
02 - Tell My Boss, ''I Hate You'' (2005)
03 - This Year For Presidents' Day, I'm Giving Up On Rock And Roll (2006)
04 - 4 Inches! (Rick Johnson Rock And Roll Machine Cover 2006)
05 - Come On, This Shit Is Getting RIDICULOUS. (2006)
06 - If Assholes Got Awards, I'd Have A Trophy Case (But With Some Different Words) (Infamous Jake Cover 2006)
07 - All Alone In My Big Empty Apartment (Demo 2006)
08 - This Is A Singalong! (Original Version 2006)
09 - The Soul Crushing Northeast (2006)
10 - D13 4 YR G0V3RNM3NT (Anti-Flag Megamix 2007)
11 - Little Brother (Andrew Jackson Jihad Cover 2008)
12 - Pog (Demo 2008)
13 - Gold Soundz (Pavement Cover 2008)
14 - Jeff Disapproves Of This (Bonus) SUPERTALK! (2005 - 2008)
Adults!!!... Smart!!! Shithammered!!! And Excited By Nothing!!!!!!! (2010)
01 - You Still Believe In Me?
02 - Planning My Death
03 - Slumlord
04 - All Ages Shows
05 - Big Ending
06 - The First Time I Met Sanawon
07 - Struggler
Everybody That You Love (2010)
01 - Everybody That You Love
02 - Matchless, Considerable Weirdness, The B48 Home
03 - Punk Rock Girl (Orignally By The Dead Milkmen)
04 - THERE'S My Bailout!
05 - A Shine To It
06 - Hits Set
07 - Sleep Thru Monday
08 - Big Kisses
09 - Ethiopians
10 - Even Winning Feels Bad
Vacation (2011)
01 - Campaign For A Better Weekend
02 - Vocal Coach
03 - Everybody That You Love
04 - Sponge Board/Baby Waves
05 - The Shit That You Hate
06 - Hurricane Waves
07 - Sick, Later
08 - Why, Oh Why, Oh Why (Oh Oh Oh Oh)
09 - Savers
10 - Can't Complain
11 - Everyone That Loves You
12 - Sunny Place/Shady People
13 - Felt Just Like Vacation
14 - Don't Destroy Yourself (Bonus)
Bomb The Music Industry! & O Pioneers!!!
Split EP (2007)
Bomb The Music Industry!:
01 - Save The War
02 - I'm Terrorfied!!!
03 - This Is A Singalong
04 - Ghost Of Corporate Future
O Pioneers!!!:
05 - Punknews Is Stoked
06 - Yo Bones
07 - You Know That Part In Superman III, Where He Is All Bad Ass And Stuff? Yeah, I Bet That's How...
08 - Bad Scene, Aaron's Fault
pass: freepunk77

















Komentáře